There is an increasing demands from funding agencies and implementing partners alike to conduct evaluation missions to assess projects’ performance as well as to capture and report on project’s outcomes. Valid assessment of the outcomes or impact of a social program is among the most challenging evaluation tasks, but also one of the most important.
Evaluation is first and foremost a reality test, a learning mechanism that provides feedback on the results of action in relation to prior objectives, plans, expectations or standards of performance. Evaluation missions and reports help Development Aid Partners to assess the quality of their development projects, ensure that results are achieved, and to promote learning.
The course provides an overview of how to run and manage evaluation mission more effectively by walking participants through the evaluation process step-by-step starting from the preparation and issuance of the evaluation terms of reference till the submission of evaluation reports and sharing of lessons learned. The course will also cover the application of the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) evaluation criteria of relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, impact and sustainability. The course will also place special attention to issues related to the measurement of outcomes
- Participants will learn the various types of evaluation and their uses
- Understand the terms and application of the OECD/DAC evaluation criteria
- Increased understanding around the monitoring and evaluation of outcomes and impact
- Increased knowledge on how to design and manage an effective evaluation process, how to close the learning loop and ensure results are used for improvement
- This training course of instruction and practice is delivered over 2-days (12 hours).
- It is an Intermediate - Advanced level course, it is advised to take the Foundation Level course beforehand if you're not an experienced M&E Officer
- Presentations, training course materials and hand-outs are in English
- Trainers are bilingual: English/Arabic