This course provides an overview of all aspects of M&E from planning M&E activities to impact assessment, with a focus on ensuring that M&E contributes towards improving organizational learning and accountability. It builds on and enhances participant's skills and understanding of M&E and work through some of the complex challenges in doing M&E including as how to develop sustainable and cost effective monitoring and evaluation processes and practices within their own projects, programs and organizations. It is also relevant for those trying to improve and enhance current monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems strengthening its objectivity and effectiveness for project’s learning or supporting partners to develop and implement effective M&E.
This course is an intermediate to advanced level course level. The course provides an overview of advanced and participatory concepts and tools in monitoring and evaluation with a focus on ensuring that M&E contributes towards improving organizational learning and accountability including the provision of credible performance evidences.
Through our consultancy practice in evaluation, we provided multi sector case-studies and examples in local development , micro-finance, education, woman and youth empowerment, environmental protection among others. We will use those case studies that are suitable and relevant to the attendees' backgrounds in order to practice knowledge gained against such case studies
- Increased understanding around monitoring and evaluating developmental outcomes and impact.
- Be able to select and use appropriate participatory data collection methods and to effectively debate about challenges around such qualitative and participatory data collection tools
- Increased capacity of attendees to run and manage evaluation missions more successfully.
- Know how to choose relevant impact evaluation methodologies.
- This training course of instruction and practice is delivered over 2-days (12 hours).
- It is an Intermediate - Advanced level course, it is advised to take the Foundation Level course beforehand if you're not an experienced M&E Officer
- Presentations, training course materials and hand-outs are in English
- Trainers are bilingual: English/Arabic
Nermine Habib has 10+ years of experience in managing evaluation missions and the delivery of training courses. She is a skilled facilitator and trainer in data collection, data validation, analysis and reporting. She has managed and led midterm and final evaluation studies for development projects funded or implemented by donor agencies and international organizations such UNHCR, UNFPA, IOM, GIZ, EFE Egypt, Care International, Plan International and Save the Children. When delivering training, Nermine employs interactive and participatory training techniques. She is using her field experience to help participants get a genuine flavor of field life, and to find ways of approaching the challenges of development work.
Nermine holds a Masters of Sociolinguistics and a Bachelor of Arts (English Language science). She has received a training in Monitoring and Evaluation from MDF, Ede, Netherlands in 2015. Moreover, she has a certificate in Social Entrepreneurship and Grant Proposal writing from Fort Hayes State University, USA, Feb 2014. She has a Graduate Certificate in Conflict Resolution and Peace Building from St Mary’s University, San Antonio, Texas. She has traveled extensively, contributing to workshops and conferences in countries including China, France, USA, Northern Ireland and The Netherlands.