Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist - Cultural Heritage Tourism
Three Months Short Term Consultancy
- Conduct a desk review and produce a preliminary table of findings based on a comprehensive review of project-related debriefing materials and secondary data.
- Contribute to the development of a detailed work plan, site visit schedule, data analysis plan and quality assurance plan for client's approval prior to conducting fieldwork.
- Conduct data collection activities as per the client's approved data collection tools, work plan, data analysis plan and quality assurance plan.
- Participate in the detailed analysis of primary and secondary qualitative information and quantitative data collected in order to respond to the evaluation questions.
- Contribute in the report writing and preparation of presentation materials that summarize the salient / noticeable findings, conclusions and actionable recommendations to the client and other relevant stakeholders within the approved timeline.
- A master’s degree, in Cultural Heritage, Investment in Tourism, Economics, Social Sciences or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience designing and implementing evaluations in Sustainable Investment in Tourism, Cultural Heritage Projects or related field.
- Demonstrated experience developing structured key informant interview protocols, group discussion protocols and paper and pencil/on-line survey instruments.
- Demonstrated experience writing technical reports and producing PowerPoint presentations.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in different National Counterparts cultural situations; e.g. government.
- Demonstrated experience evaluating donors' funded projects.
- High proficiency in reading and speaking in English is required; fluency preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in technical writing of evaluation reports in English is highly desirable.
- Ability to be flexible and work well under pressure and to effectively manage competing priorities in a fast-paced team environment.