In this course participants will learn how to develop relationships that foster trust, build long-term, sustainable, and profitable client relationships. This is not done by responding to RFPs, but through developing and adopting a relationship-based process — STRT. This journey occurs in phases: Scout, Engage, Position, and Capture. Your relationships strengthen as you move through the four phases of STRT and toward becoming the client’s preferred provider. STRT moves us from a transactional approach to business development, i.e. from pursuing projects approach to a relational one – building relationships. Why relationships? Because relationships continue to generate revenue and new opportunities over the long-term. Building great client relationships represents one of the best sustainable business practices Professional Services Providers and organizations can employ. The Business Development Manager Training Program enables profit and not-for profit businesses and organizations to achieve successful, efficient and disciplined business and proposal development activities.
By the end of the training, participants will
- Have developed a deeper understanding of the skills, techniques, process and competency to lead and direct business development efforts.
- Have acquired client-centered, benefits-focused and consultative selling techniques
- Have practiced adaptive communication and inquiry skills to various type of clients in order to grip opportunities and build trust
- Have learned how to prepare go-or-no-go informed decisions and move from one stage to another based on insights
- Have learned how to prepare an intelligent Client Account Plans and Project Capture Plans necessary for preparing winning proposal and / or presentations
- This training course of instruction and practice is delivered over 4-days (24 hours).
- This training workshop is intermediate to advanced level
- The course is highly interactive and participatory using practical examples from the trainer and participants, open discussions, group and individual exercises
- Presentations and handouts are in English. Trainers are bilingual Arabic / English
- To be awarded the Business Development Manager Certificate Participants need to successfully complete the four modules with at least 80% attendance
Meet the Trainer: