Proposal writers usually spend hours and sometimes days wondering how to start writing proposal sections to produce the first early draft proposal document. Proposal writing efforts include a lot of research and brainstorming activities to identify the project scope, appropriate tasks, methodologies, professional staff required, competitive landscape and schedule. Developing technical proposal consumes time and needs a dedicated level of effort to put together a winning solution in a holistic and integrated manner
The course will walk participants to develop and write the most important and critical sections of the technical proposal document. Typically these sections include: the Executive Summary; Understanding the Context; Understanding the Client, Technical and Management Approach. While every section after these sections is important, if an evaluator is not engaged after reading these front sections, the offeror has already lost the bid. Through templates and guided questions, the course will enable participants on how to tell a convincing story in the proposal response that is more informed and more tailored.
- Increased skills of how to source and prepare a thoughtful technical proposal document
- Increased understanding of what is required to include and write under each proposal section of the most critical ones
- Increased understanding of how to put a proposal that is client-focused, thoughtful, yet reaching the competitive range stage during the evaluation process
- This training course of instruction and practice is delivered over 2-days (12 hours).
- This training workshop is an intermediate to advanced level
- The course is highly interactive using groups discussions, individual exercises and case studies among others.
- Presentations, materials and handouts are in English