In a competitive market, knowing how to manage, plan and story-board your proposal is one of the most important measures that bring your company / organization to the position of closing a deal with the client. Proposals are a critical element of the sales process. For some organisations, they're a real source of competitive advantage - a key factor in winning business - and they're developed efficiently, by teams collaborating effectively in a spirit of creativity and fun.
Clients usually are looking for companies that can conceptualize their ideas in a logical benefit-driven layout. Successful Proposal Managers and Writers know how to deconstruct Requests for Proposals (RfP) to identify the project scope, appropriate tasks, fees, professional staff required and schedule. They know how to smartly story-board their proposed solutions in order to submit proposals that are responsive and adequate. They don’t only compete with others on the same business opportunities but they often compete with the clock to construct high quality proposals in small amounts of time. If you are experiencing any of the following situations, then this training course is best-fit for you:
- Don’t know from where to start to develop your technical proposal
- Poor coordination and communication among contributors
- Continuously reworking and rewriting sections right up to the proposal delivery date
This course is a foundation to intermediate level and is designed for private sector professional and technical service providers such as engineering firms, ICT solutions providers, management consulting companies, marketing firms, other professional and advisory services firms among others. It is suitable for all practitioners who want to submit a proposal document that is a responsive, can sell and close a deal.
- Introducing participants to best practices in proposal management process including how to bring the team together in an integrated and efficient manner
- Learn how to mind-map and outline your whole solution in a comprehensive yet story-boarding manner
- Learn how to develop and write consistent and persuasive the most important sections of your technical proposal
- Equip participants with know how to quality control the proposal preparation process and the final product package
- This training course of instruction and practice is delivered over 2-days (12 hours).
- A certificate of attendance is issued by Beit Al Karma Consulting
- Presentations, training course materials and hand-outs are in English. Trainers are bilingual: English/Arabic.
Engineer Alaa Sami has served for 12 years as the Middle East Business Development Director for AECOM, one of the largest American Engineering Design, Construction Management and International Development Services Company. He has supported in the design and development of several winning proposals submitted to variety of MENA region institutional and private sector clients such as USAID, European Union, World Bank, Thomson Reuters, Al-Futtaim group, General Electric, etc. Alaa serves as a Lead Trainer at the Engineering Service Unit of the American University in Cairo teaching how to manage and write winning proposals. Eng. Alaa is a certified Trainer by the German Institute for Academic Exchange DAAD and the International Labor Organization. Engineer Alaa has a Master Degree in Construction Management from Brighton University, United Kingdom, 1996, and a Bachelor Degree in Construction Engineering from the American University in Cairo, 1993