- You will need a laptop and ideally also a headset, as well as access to broadband internet.
- You will need to be able to download software (Zoom) to access the live sessions.
- The program provides students with competencies in the following areas:
- 1- International development meaningful project design
- 2- The importance of monitoring to manage and evaluate development projects
- 3- The design of adequate of quantitative and qualitative Key Performance Indicators
- 4- Data collection tools and data analysis
- 5- Design of useable Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plan (MEL plan)
- 6- Management of monitoring and evaluation functions and teams
- 7- Monitoring and evaluation for organizational learning
- You are a monitoring and evaluation officer who want to learn the essential skills and tools to design, monitor and evaluate development-aid funded projects to improve your work performance or to shift into MEL career path
- You are a consultant / advisor who wants to reinforce and / or refresh your MEL knowledge
- You are responsible for project or program implementation and for improving M&E practices in your organization.
- This training is also beneficial for professionals in communication, advocacy, and proposal development
Now more than ever, funding organizations seek more accountability for the funds they provide to development projects. Development organizations understand they are more likely to receive future funding if they can deliver and show results. That’s why employees who have specialized Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) skills are in demand. This specialized knowledge helps to assess a project’s performance and its lasting impact.
Our 15-hour trainer-facilitated online course will enable development practitioners to deliver the tasks and functions of the standard job description of a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning officer more competently and confidently.
Our presentations, handouts, case studies, and individual and group exercises are all encapsulated to teach only what matters, filtering out a lot of the noise around M&E. Usually, you will join a peer group of participants from different organizations and countries.
- Course duration: 15 hours of interactive online sessions over 4 calendar weeks.
- Presentations, materials, and training instructions are in English.
- You practice the tools and methods through various assignments/working group discussions and get direct feedback from the trainer & peers.
- On average, we estimate participants should set aside 4-6 hours per week to complete this course.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion by the end of the course with at least a 75% of attendance rate and by fulfilling all course criteria including homework assignments.
Week 1: Project Design
Week 2: Measure and Monitor
Week 3: Design your MEL Plan
Week 4: Learn and adapt